PCD / CBN Tooling
With the assistance of our skilled and talented procurement agents, we are sourcing and offering a qualitative gamut of PCD / CBN Tooling. Known for their rugged construction, optimum performance, corrosion resistance and user-friendly operations, these are widely used in different industry segments. Easy to install and maintenance free, these PCD / CBN Tooling can be availed by our clients in diverse specifications and at affordable prices.
Roller Diamond Dressers:
Row of diamonds are baked into the circumference of these roller bodies at a regular distance apart. The natural diamond tips used here are selected according to a special process, relatively small diamonds are used for these tools. After one row of diamonds has become blunt, by turning the roller further, new tips are used for dressing, thus ensuring clean equal dressing.
Impregnated Diamond Dressers:
Impregnated diamond dressers are manufactured from crushed diamond grit, which is available in both Natural & Synthetic grades. They are set in several layers in random pattern. These dressers are more suitable for fine and sensitive grinding wheels where a lower surface finish is required. Dressing time is reduced as higher feed rates can be used.
MCD Dressing Blades:
MCD (Mono-Crystalline Diamond) is a fully synthetic product. MCD dressing inserts are laser cut from solid blocks of Mono-Crystalline diamond. These MCD inserts can be arranged in parallel or at 450 in to the blade dressing blank. The thermal conductivity of MCD is mostly superior to that of natural diamond. This helps to draw away heat from the contact zone between dressing tool & grinding wheel, thus contributing greatly to consistency of performance in dressing tools.
PCD / CBN Tooling:
We offer you special tooling (as per your drg.) as well as standard inserts etc. in PCD & CBN material.
PCD (POLYCRTYSTALLINE DIAMOND):
PCD may be used for both roughing and finishing work, although it is usually most beneficial when tight tolerances or high surface finish are required combined with the need for exceptionally long tool life. These tools work excellently with the non ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¢ÃƒÆ’Ã‚¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’Ã‚¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“ ferrous materials in particular.
TECHNICAL ADVANTAGES OF THE PCD TURNING AND BORING TOOLS AS COMPARED TO TUNGSTEN CARBIDE:
- Better surface finish (for brilliant surface finish, natural diamond should be used)
- Interrupted-cut machining without any problems.
- Better ratio of surface finish to cutting forces and metal removal rate.
- Lower cutting forces
- Higher cutting speeds, feed rates and cutting depths for very tough materials.
- Roughing and finishing cycles possible in one operation
- Tool life generally 50 times or more than that of tungsten carbide toolsPCD / CBN Tooling
PCD / CBN ToolingPCD / CBN ToolingCBN (CUBIC BORON NITRIDE):
PCD being carbon based, has an affinity to the free carbon found in most ferrous material and is therefore generally unsuitable for machining steels and iron based material. Hence PCBN (Polycrystalline Cubic Boron Nitride) is developed, which have been demonstrated to be extremely cost effective especially with the harder ferrous materials (45 - 65 HRC) like Hardened steels, Chill Cast Iron, Hardened Bearing & Tool Steels, Stainless Steels, Hard Facing Alloys (Cobalt, Nickel & Iron based), Grey Cast Iron etc.
TECHNICAL ADVANTAGES OF CBN TURNING TOOLS, AS COMPARED TO TUNGSTEN CARBIDE, CERAMICS:
- Turning of extremely tough material that generally needs to be ground.
- High cutting speeds and metal removal rates assuring economical applications.
- Tool life is substantially increased as compared to sintered carbide and ceramics.
- Roughing and finishing cycles possible in one operation.
- Higher metal removal rate as compared to grinding.
- Possibility of very close tolerance machining due to extremely low tool wear.
- PCD / CBN ToolingOutstanding surface finishes comparable to ground finish.